Land and Facilities
Partial History of the Land
After the Revolutionary War, George Washington granted Colonel Jacob Broadwell a large tract of farm land in what is now northern Anderson Township for his services in the war. When the colonel's grandson Ambrose Broadwell built the present house in about 1850, he used bricks made on the property. A family burial site remains on the property.